Another outdoor park in the province of Iloilo started to make a craze online when it officially opened to the public early this year. Balboa’s Adventure Park is located in the town of Barotac Viejo that will definitely load you with different adventure activities once you visit. I honestly been to this place way before it was developed to the adventure park that it is today and I was amazed how this farm eventually turned into a park full of exciting activities. It serves as a camping ground too so one can savor and take pleasure in the tranquility of our nature.
How to get there?
Ride a Barotac Viejo bound bus from the Ceres Terminal located in Tagbak, Jaro, Iloilo. Fare will be 89 Php each and travel time may take about 1.5 hours. Drop off at Barotac Viejo Public Market and then ride a tricycle that will take you directly to Balboa’s Adventure Park (Fare is 50 Php each).
Activities to try:
- Zipline (30 Php/ride) – a recreational activity with inclined cable armed with pulley. Wearing a harness is a must for safety measures.
- Archery (50 Php/6 arrows) – bring out your Katniss Everdeen persona by trying this bow and arrows sport.
- Airsoft (P50/magazine) – players will use airsoft guns and hit targets on their very own shooting range.
- Monkey Bridge (Free) – an obstacle bridge made of rope.
- Wall Bridge (Free) – a wall made of heavy ropes that one needs to cross to finish the obstacle.
- Cliff Swing (Free) – two parallel swings that stands beside a small cliff.
- Jungle Swing (Free) – one would hold on a single rope and have to swing going on the other side of the course.
- Spider Net (Free) – a web-like structure made also of ropes.
- The Tower (Free) – also called “Wifi Station” located at the top most area of the park where you can reward yourself with the beautiful overlooking view of mountains surrounding the park.
- Stairway to Heaven (Free) – a staircase made out of bamboo perfect for your instagram photos with sky as your backdrop.
- Obstacle course
- Adult Seesaw
- Bike Trail
- Nature’s Trail
- Dipping Pool
You can also do overnight camping by pitching a tent or rent one of their cottages with a dipping pool. For overnight camp and cottage rental, you can directly send inquiries on their official Facebook page here.
The park also serves meals and beverages perfect for your snacks and lunches after a tiring time of activities.
Other things to know before going:
- Entrance fee is 30 Php each
- The park is located in Vista Alegre, 5011 Barotac Viejo, Iloilo
- Network signal is roughly not available on the park. You’ll be needing to trek up to the “Data Center shed” or to “The Tower” to get a good reception.
- Park opens at 8:00 AM Monday to Sunday. For further details and inquiries, kindly message their Facebook page here.